čtvrtek 25. prosince 2014

The Question ‘Why?’

Take any statement you want. As simple as "My name is Lukas." If we keep asking question ‘Why?’ and try to answer them, we will always get stuck at one point. And this point is similar for all the statements. I want to conclude and philosophically debate on three things I observed.

I am sitting in my balcony, drinking a cold beer and fresh wind is blowing into my face.

Why?

Germany had lost the WWII.

Why?

Firstly, I want to look at actions that happen in time; that create the history and the present. Of course there is a reason for me sitting here in the balcony or for Germany loosing the WWII. But there is not just one reason. Certainly, I am not sitting here at this certain moment just because I wanted enjoy my beer. The whole actions in my last hour led to this point where I decided to sit here. I could have watched a film or anything else… but I didn’t. And in fact it is not the last hour that led to the point of me sitting here – it is the whole history of time.

Germany lost the WWII because of all the actions of all the matter before the War. If these things would not have happen then maybe there would not be WWII at all – but we cannot thing like this, it is too vague and without proof. What we can say is that the history of matter, all the actions of molecules led to the point where Germany had lost the war. I don’t know what would have happened if a one man in Africa would waken up one day in 1929 an hour later, because it did not happen. All those speculative questions “What if?” do not make sense. Importantly, there is only one time line, one present, which is the result of all the history before us.

All the actions now are somehow united. There is reason for all of them. But the reason is not the everyday sense “reason” we would think of – like me having a cold beer because I was in the mood for it. But the reason as the system of all the molecules, atom, particles in the world resulting only one scenario that can happen.

Imagine there are two atoms. If we know their velocity vector, masses and all other physical attributes, can be surely say what will happen with them? I think we can (although I am not a physics expert and quantum theory would surely disapprove this) – but I am thinking of this the way as if we were the nature. Then we would know everything about them (because we as nature actually make them behave in a certain way) and we could say what will happen. Now expand this experiment that there are more atoms. A complete universe. Even then we can say: if we know everything about these atoms, we can deterministically say what will happen next. Therefore the future is predetermined. It is already predetermined from the past.

So all actions are predetermined and are united. They depend only upon one point. The point of creation. The inception. From that point on the future only expanded through the laws of nature, with which this world is created.

And this is the same point to which all the question ‘Why?’ are moving towards. The reason for anything is united with reason for all the matter in universe. Molecule next to me had reason to move this certain way partially because of different molecule moving in China, and the system of these molecules – the present moved this way because of the history, the past, which resulted these two molecules moving these two particular way. And by history I mean the point of creation. Everything is united from that point on and the point of creation is the only reason for everything, now, in the past and in the future. It is the answer to all of the ‘Why?’ questions.

This is what I call ‘God’. It is the reason for the world, nature and matter being the way they are. It is the begging, therefore the present and the future. It is the reason and explanation for everything there is and possibly can be. I think humans are not capable of understanding this. The ultimate reason, I think, is something that cannot be explained but still has a reason and explanation. Not understandable for us.

But what if there was no point of creation? How do I know the universe has finite history? Our mind is not capable of imagining something infinite. We cannot imagine the space being infinite, the time being infinite, we want to believe there are some boundaries.

As always, I got pretty far from the point I firstly intended to analyze. I finished my beer and I am heading towards sleep. Why won’t I finish the article and write all the things I wanted to write about? All the past actions of any matter and the natural system led to this point of me stopping right here.

Lukas Cerny, 25. 12. 2014


Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat